A few months from now, we will be celebrating Easter. Easter is a Christian celebration where Christianity commemorates Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead. It is considered as one of the oldest and most important Christian Holiday. For Catholics, it marks the end of the Holy Week, which is celebrated yearly. A week of Christian rumination, reflection and fasting while committing to recall how Christ died to deliver mankind, Easter signifies hope and new life.
Kids happily awaits Easter just like Christmas. Having party for Easter is like having a Christmas party during spring. The weather is just right with gentle breeze while golden sun rays and lush greens accentuate the scenery which is always a perfect time for family gatherings.
Before choosing a theme for your party, set your goals and objectives. For example, if you wish to incorporate more Christian values to your children, why not have a biblical themed Easter party? Plan carefully the program, food and budget. Having to camp out on a hot spring for Easter is a good idea but is it wallet friendly? Why not have backyard picnics instead? Better yet, have a grand family reunion to downsize your budget but will definitely up-size the fun. To personalize the celebration, you can create your own decorations, include the children, assuredly they would love to help out!
When you have planned out your entire Easter festivity, don’t forget to involve your children to this special festivity. Decorate your venue for the event and make Easter crafts done by your kids as a set up design to your event. Through this, your children will learn the value of hard work and provides them an opportunity to be creative. Remember to always have an adult or guardian to assist your children while making these top 5 surefire Easter crafts for your children to work on to:
- Easter egg painting – painting the egg shells with non-toxic paints, you can use this as center pieces on your table or hang them with a thread over tree branches.
- Bunny ears – have an adult (such as your daughter) assist your children make bunny ears. Think outside the box, don’t be too conventional, color the bunny ears with exciting colors to make it more personalized and exciting.
- Giant Easter mosaic – have a free wall for your kids where they can draw, paint or paste pictures of anything Easter related then use this as a photo backdrop where you can take pictures of your guests as souvenirs.
- Easter bag – this is very simple indeed. Using paper bags gather all the candies and small toys and other freebies that you can think of and put them all inside the bag, add tags to make it more attractive. Your children can tie the ribbons; add other designs such as flowers, mini toys, handmade cards or paper dolls and voila! You have your Easter souvenir with a personal touch!
- Paper Easter bunny – buy “ready – made” jiggly eyes in your local bookstores. You can paste them in paper plates after having your children color, draw or paint the paper plates whichever they want. They can use art papers, cut pictures from magazines. Assist the children to ensure you are getting the “bunny look” correctly.
Easter (aside from Christmas) is distinctly a good way to spend more time with the family and share the teachings of Christ to your children. Easter is a festive celebration that is widely celebrated and anticipated by all Christians around the world – especially children. Easter doesn’t have to be grandiose and expensive – just remember the three F’s and you’ll surely have a wonderful party. What’s the 3 F’s? Food, Fun and of course, Faith.